This part is pretty straight forward, in order to make your scrog net you’ll need:
- Raw materials for the frame : In our case we used wood from a pallet found in the street which is perfect, just make sure the wood isn’t rotting or cracked all over, you don’t want it to break on you
- Nails : Count at least 2 per corner + 2 per legs, which make 16 nails, not bad ey? (i’d stock up a bit more just in case though)
- Wire: We used plain old metal wiring, although in hindsight I think some electrical wire may have been stronger.. we’ll see how it goes during this grow
- A hammer: If you got nails you’re gonna need a hammer
- A saw : We were lucky enough that a neighbor lent us a circular saw, making the job of cutting suuuper easy (& fun), but any saw will do the trick, might just need some more elbow grease
- A drill (and drill bits!) : So this isn’t mandatory, we didn’t have one, but it’ll definitely make the job easier.. Making all those whole manually is definitely tiring (good workout though)
- Wire cutters: These little guys will be super useful cut the wire cutters and well as tightening the screen
- A Marker & a ruler : As any homemade project you’re going to need to measure stuff
And there you go! If you’re able to borrow stuff you can have a dirt cheap, awesome looking, screen in no time 🙂 Full expenses on our end…. 4 bucks & couples hours.
Now let’s get into what you’re really here for
Note: If you don’t need the legs you can use wire to make the frame and attach it in your grow space. It will be take much less room.